This class is co-taught by Taryn Bauerle and Don Rakow. Gain hands-on experience with tree establishment, nutrition, plant health care, diagnosing tree disorders, pruning techniques, tree worker safety and urban forestry.
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate knowledge of plant morphology, anatomy, physiology, and growth and how those play roles in tree selection and care.
- Outcome 2: Inspect trees for condition, make risk assessment, and recommend actions.
- Outcome 3: Describe the nutritional requirements of plants, soil water relationships in plants, and soil management.
- Outcome 4: Describe the techniques and materials used in proper tree climbing and management, including pruning, and support systems.
- Outcome 5: Gain knowledge to pass the ISA-certified arborist examination.